Media Studies

Creative Digital Arts at St Katherine's

Courses we offer:

KS4

FILM STUDIES

PHOTOGRAPHY

KS5

BTEC Creative Digital Media Production

 

COURSE CONTENT:

KS4 FILM STUDIES:

The film studies GCSE class study the WJEC course.

There are two exams worth a combined 70% of the grade and a coursework portfolio that accounts for the remaining 30%.

The students study the history of film and the key concepts: representation, media literacy and audience through a number of key case study texts. The students, then go on to make their own film extracts.

KS4 PHOTOGRAPHY:

The photography GCSE class study the AQA course. The students produce a digital portfolio of work which is made up of two folders:

1A - Experimentation folder

1B - The Extended Project

The will also produce a portfolio of evidence from an exam brief set by the AQA exam board in their final year of study.

At the end of the exam period, students will need to complete 10 hours of work in exam conditions.

KS5 BTEC CREATIVE DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCTION:

The course is made up of 4 units:

a) Unit 1: Media Presentations (Examined unit)

b) Unit 4: Pre-production portfolio. Students will produce a blog of evidence to submit.

c) Unit 8: Responding to a Commission (Examined Unit - with pre-release brief)

d) Unit 10: Practical Production. Students produce and edit their own film opening.

For more information on all of these courses and our current digital media arts courses please visit:

https://hwmedia.wixsite.com/stkatherinesmedia