The Governing Body has three core functions:
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Governors are either elected or appointed to the Governing Body depending on the type of governor they are:
- parent governors are elected by other parents of the school;
- a staff governor, either teaching or support staff, is elected by other staff members;
- a Local Authority governor is recommended by the Local Authority of North Somerset and appointed by the Governing Body;
- Co-opted governors are appointed by other members of the Governing Body.
Most of their work is carried out through our three main committees whose responsibilities are outlined on the committee page.
Parents may contact us through the school on 01275 373737.