At St. Katherine’s School we aim to create an environment where students feel confident, secure and valued to help them perform at their best. To support that ambition we are determined to make sure that Pupil Premium students achieve in line with all students nationally.
The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged students and close the gap between them and their peers.
How the Pupil Premium is spent is monitored closely, with all schools accountable for the impact of the money spent. Our approach to Pupil Premium is reviewed by the Local Governing Board Body, which meets six times each academic year (once per term).
When deciding how to spend the Pupil Premium grant we have looked at the potential barriers to learning faced by Pupil Premium students in the context of our school. At St. Katherine’s we pride ourselves on utilising the Pupil Premium to support our students with a specific focus on attendance, literacy, aspirations, parental engagement and transitions, maximising the life opportunities for all our students.
One of the criteria for students receiving the Pupil Premium grant is that they are in receipt of Free School Meals. You can apply for Free School Meals if you receive one of the following:
- income support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with annual Take Home Pay/Net Earnings below £7,400 (which equals £616.67 per month) benefits not included
If you are entitled to Free School Meals you can apply here
If you require further help or assistance please contact the school and ask for Michelle Cave or email firstname.lastname@example.org.