Fantastic personal achievements for A level students!
Sixth Form students celebrated their exam results and first choice destinations in August 2020. At A level 41% of grades achieved were A*-A, with 63% at A*-B and 80% at A*-C. The overall pass rate was 100%. The vocational qualifications results were similarly impressive with 41% awarded at D*-D and an overall pass rate of 100%.
In securing these results, students will move onto a range of high quality destinations including university and a range of apprenticeship and employment pathways. A large number of St Katherine’s students continue their education at prestigious Russell Group universities including Cardiff University, University of Edinburgh, London School of Economics and the University of Warwick.
Notable individual successes include:
- Dexter Mott who gained three A*s and will take up a place at the University of Warwick to study Mechanical Engineering.
- Matteo Prime who gained three A*s and will go to the University of Bath to study Economics.
- Hao Hao Zhang who achieved two A*s and one A grade and will study Economics at the London School of Economics.
- Megan Powell who achieved one A*, one A and one B and will go to the University of Edinburgh to study Archaeology.
- Emma Gedge who achieved two As and one B and will go to study Accounting and Finance at Cardiff University.
- Rohit Bangera who gained two As and one B and will go to study Biology at the University of Bath.
- Jacbo Lebo who achieved two Distinction*s and one Distinction and will go to study Business Management at Swansea University.
Justin Humphreys, Headteacher said:
“Above all the noise, another great set of outcomes for the students of St Katherine’s, securing many of the highest grades across both our academic and vocational pathways. Great progress has been made by the students with so many individual success stories. Students deserve this personal success, reflecting their dedication and we celebrate alongside them. Teachers are rightly proud of the achievements within their classes. With the vast majority of grades being upheld by exam boards, our focus and energy is now on resolving the anomalies for one or two of our students to ensure they get the grades they deserve.
The results that students have received today are an honest reflection of the commitment and dedication that our young people have shown over the last two years, resulting in 95% of students securing their first choice future pathway.”
Steve Colebourne, St Katherine’s Head of Sixth Form, added:
“We are delighted we have been able to celebrate a positive set of results with our students who have worked hard over the last seven years and deserve every success. On the whole, students have been awarded the grades they deserve and are able to progress to the destination of their choice in September.
I would like to wish all our students all the best for the future - they will forever be the students whose final year was disrupted due to Covid-19, but I have no doubt they will thrive as they progress on to the next stage of their careers.”