Free school meals voucher scheme IMPORTANT UPDATE
Free School Meals vouchers scheme extended through the summer
You may have seen on the national news that Marcus Rashford’s story of his childhood experience led to the government extending the Free School Meals voucher scheme. This scheme supports families whose children are eligible for free school meals so that it will continue through the summer holidays for all children - including Year 11.
If you think your child may be eligible for free school meals please apply straight away as the company administering the scheme will issue summer vouchers before the end of term. Delaying applying might mean you miss their deadline. Please apply today.
You are able to apply for free school meals at any time and families that become newly eligible will receive these vouchers from school as soon as they qualify. Therefore, if you think you may be eligible please apply through the North Somerset website.
- income support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with annual take home pay/met earnings below £7,400 (which equals £616.67 per month) benefits not included
How to apply:
Free school meals entitlement is for the child, not the family, so you will need to apply for each child. You will need your National insurance number to apply.