St Katherine’s School has high expectations of its students’ behaviour in all regards, on the way to and from school, in the classroom, during social time as well as on school trips. Whilst they are in school, Teachers are the ‘carers’ of all the students and will do their best to help and support your child. However students must take responsibility for their behaviour.
Ready to Learn encourages, supports and rewards positive behaviour in all aspects of school life. Our praise system is clear and easy for parents and pupils to understand and straightforward for staff to apply.
Frequent praise and reward are embedded in our teaching and learning at St. Katherine’s School so pupils receive recognition for their positive contributions to school life. We believe that every pupil should have their contribution acknowledged and when appropriate rewarded. This recognition:
- builds pupil self-esteem and confidence.
- helps create a positive learning environment.
- highlights the importance of good behaviour.
- encourages pupils to take part in a variety of activities.
- encourages pupils to strive for more.
PRAISE POINTS are linked to each of our ten school values:
ACCEPTANCE | RESPECT | HONESTY | DETERMINATION | EQUALITY | EXCELLENCE
FRIENDSHIP | ASPIRATION | RESILIENCE | RESPONSIBILITY
Praise Points are also awarded for community acts of kindness and where a pupil has gone ‘above and beyond’. Praise Points are recorded on Class Charts, our pupil/parent information portal. We also recognise Accelerated Reader achievements through Class Charts.
Praise Postcards – Completed by staff and passed to your child to take home
Head of School commendations – A meeting with the Head of School and a letter posted home to recognise a significant achievement
We also recognise pupil effort and achievement with:
- Termly Celebration of Achievement evenings with Head of House/Transition Learning Manager
- Annual Celebration assemblies with the Head of School
- House Award Celebrations in the summer term.